Skip to main content

A day in Austin

Today, I walked around Austin's Warehouse District and 2nd Street District for the very first time. Maybe because it is the Labor Day weekend, it was almost like a ghost town. None the less, there were many quaint finds.

This store specializes in doggie attire...


Post-it art =)

Old wooden tracks


Some of the buildings are the decade old warehouses buildings. How valuable are historic buildings to our current living? Are we preserving them for the sake of nostalgia? Or are they just in the way of developing better money churning properties. 

Comments

Unknown said…
cute begining^_^

And sinclair black's office is around there!
Unknown said…
i think the woodtracks can be renovated ..into another highline park too~~~

Popular posts from this blog

Well, nine year has passed. I got my master's in architecture, I got into F+P, I got my licence, but I got nothing built. So once again, I'm lost.  No job, but has work to do... I'm at a crossroad, very unmotivated to keep doing the same thing, but echoing my previous posts in the past 20 year, being timid to try something new... At least I finally learned how to make GIF emoji, that's a bit new....and a bit fun! 😂😂😂

A new semester

Four more years have passed since my last blog, and something happened today that has ticked me enough to write in this again... My friend Hannah and I visited the UT art museum, the Blanton Art Museum, and I am now infused with opposing emotions that I have to let it out. Legend has it that Herzog & de Meuron was commissioned to build the new UT art museum back in the late 1990's. However, after they were selected, the UT Regency demanded the art museum to be more stylistically in line with the rest of the campus. As a result, Herzog said "BISAK (bye in Swedish)" and we don't have a landmark. We have a building that looks like the rest of the campus, with unadorned post-modern arches and columns and boarded up windows at the street level! At least the overhang soffit is generous and has nice wood paneling. Entering the museum, unimpressed, my mind changed quickly as we approached the central atrium with north facing sawtooth skylights, filling the space with